Whew! It's been a long day waiting for news on Quinton's treatment plan. The tumor meeting was early this morning, but communication woes abounded, and we didn't get any info till about 5 p.m. I'm pretty tired!!
Apparently, all the doctors on the tumor board felt like it was best to wait and re-scan in 3 months. I guess we're off the hook -- at least until Christmas time or so! Some doctors expressed the feeling that the growth was so minimal that it could almost be read as a mistake. I'm pretty surprised. Dr. Riva-Cambrin was pretty sure that the plan would include treatment, but maybe he was jumping the gun a little. Maybe just knowing Q personally he was a little smoke-screened by how cute he is! Ha ha!!
We're pretty happy and relieved for the moment. Normal life will proceed for another length of time! We again express gratitude for all the kindnesses and support sent our way!
1 year ago