Thursday, December 24, 2009

Really though, Merry Christmas

It looks like my LDS journal has very little LDS in it. I am grateful the Savior was born and completed an earthly ministry. One of the best things to come out of that is the revelation that Christ, our brother and our Savior, has experienced all the trials, pains, and heartache that come along with living in a body in this world. It is of great comfort to realize that He knows what we are going through. I know that He lives and that His infinite atonement made it possible for "God and sinners (to be) reconciled."

I am grateful for my family and the joy they bring to my life. I love the Lord, desire to do His will, and I know that I have far to go in that process.

I have enjoyed learning some Christmas songs from the Primary Children's song book to sing with the kids. One that was new to me was "Samuel Tells of Baby Jesus" and in it these lines especially touched me, "Hosanna, hosanna, O Let us gladly sing, how blessed that our Lord was born, let Earth receive her King." Merry Christmas one and all, and let us all let our small hearts grow three sizes this day!

No comments: